View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding getting pre-auth from the insurance companies for inpatient Ketamine Infusions. The two pain clinics that I am working with have deemed this as the necessary step. Today when I spoke with the nurses' station they indicated that this is a very long process & has a high rate of not being approved for patients. This terrifies me as my CRPS is getting worse and I am worried about losing the ability to work, care for myself and have any sort of life outside of pain.

What is everyone's experience with this? The protocol at the facility I will be going to is a 4-5 day inpatient infusion...which of course is very costly.

Does it typically take months? Will the insurance insist I do a SCS first?(I am completely unwilling to do this) Thanks in advance for any insight!
I have no idea about insurance, but I have CRPS for 10 years, we tried everything, then went to a SCS. The SCS worked by about 50% helpful but not full relief. i use it on long trips, parties, my kids functions. It has given me back part of my life, which is better than none. It helps with my arm and shoulder, but not my face and lips and Im gonna check with my insurance on the inpatient ketamine infusion. I will let you know what I find out
Dhall748 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote