View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 12 year old suffering with Chronic pain, not sure where to start...

New to the forum and not sure where to start so thought I would introduce myself first. My 12 year old daughter is suffering with very intense neck pain. She also has constant nausea, severe headaches, constant fatigue, sharp sudden pains in different areas.

A little of her story in 2009 when she was 6 she started complaining of neck pain. These seemed to be spasms that would come and go. No specific injury that seemed to cause these. They started out only being a few times a year but quickly increased until in 2011 she had these at least 3-4 times a month. They would last 24-48 hours and then seemed to taper off. we saw, Orthopedics, Neurology, Physical Therapy, had MRI, x-rays and blood work and nothing showed up. Then in 2013 it stopped!! No explanation but it seemed to go away.

Unfortunately it did not last. Again it started slowly with specific episodes about 6 months ago. Mostly complaining of neck pain and headaches, dr gave her flexeril. Didnt seem to work other than making her go to sleep. Episodes typically 48 hours long. Then beginning of September she woke in middle of the night in horrible pain and it has not let up. She can barely get out of bed most days because pain is so bad. She is getting very depressed because she has no quality of life. They have prescribed Gabapentin but it doesn't seem to help.

She is once again scheduled for MRI and blood work and has been referred to Orthopedics. I am at my wits end and not sure what to do. Some doctors have even hinted they think she is faking it but I know that is not the case. Any advice, ideas or suggestions are welcomes.
thowell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-30-2015)