View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna.

I completely understand the possibilities around doctors (who might be a better doctor and so on) and yes, I can't possibly determine who might be a better surgeon based on a few visits. Both of them have a nice manner and nice staff. I also know that the older doctor will only ever operate on the patient fully sedated under GA, regardless of the procedure. I don't know why is that.

About the CT, I figured I could just call and confirm how critical the CT is for him or not. Turns out it is not optional at all. I ended up going there to pick up some of my things that I accidentally left in their office and then had a quick talk and got another referral but for CB CT this time. I don't know which one is better for me in terms of radiation dose. All my investigations lead me to believe that the CB CT is higher radiation because the beam is cone (much wider).

So now I need to figure which is potentially the lesser evil for me. I only need to scan the upper jaw, so that is some consolation at least, but I am very nervous.
Siobhan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote