View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 08:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sound familiar anyone?

Hi. I don't have a diagnosis of Fibro although I do feel that I could perhaps have features of it. I don't have chronic, widespread pain or difficulty sleeping. I have a longstanding dx of SLE/UCTD (not severe) and the flares peak and trough quite distinctly. Less distinct is the fatigue, sore muscles, weakness, malaise etc. Many days, I'm so exhausted on waking (despite sleeping soundly all night) that I struggle to peel my eyes open and keep them like that. I feel really quite ill in the mornings - short of breath, sore and particularly fatigued. By midday or so, I invariably feel much better and can function normally. My blood tests are all pretty normal and give no clues. I have occasional Central Sleep Apneas and COPD-like breathing issues despite having never smoked,

My mother, a retired nurse, is adamant that morning fatigue is diagnostic of depression but this just doesn't fit with me nor my very active lifestyle. I don't work but keep busy and spend lots of time outside and walking my dogs. I'm baffled and don't know whether to indulge my fatigue or keep pushing on to try and shake this. Thanks for reading. Clare
Clareb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote