View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 09:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Take care, Vegetagirl

Hi vegetagirl,

Panic attacks can be so frightening!

It's a great idea to review your meds with your doctor.

Some people feel support from supplementing magnesium. I wonder what percentage of the population may have a magnesium deficiency? I have known of people without a magnesium deficiency also finding magnesium supplementation helpful to them in various ways.

If/when people have a serious anxiety/panic challenge, magnesium supplementation may not be enough; yet, it's wise to be sure you are getting enough magnesium (and other nutrients).

My mother has anxiety attacks. She does better on her medication with this when she supplements with magnesium. She uses less medication, as well. She uses ionic magnesium (powdered).

(I have had her take Taurine, which is a GABA precursor, when her episodes become more severe. Utilizing a GABA precursor does not alter the natural production of GABA.)

Please do see the magnesium thread and consult with your treating physician.

Panic attacks tend to become self-perpetuating. Each time we have a panic attack, it may "kindle" additional panic attacks. It's best to get these attacks under control as soon as possible.

I am glad you are reaching out about your experiences. Ongoing panic attacks are tough to handle, and tend to become more frequent without adequate intervention.

I hope you have found relief.

DejaVu

"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (10-30-2015), kiwi33 (10-29-2015), VegetaGirl (10-30-2015)