View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 05:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Right side face tingling and then unable to move right arm and leg

Hi All,

Ever since I was a child I have had a weakness in my right side. Doctors have told me I have symptoms of a stroke that I may have had in the womb. My weakness was not detected by my parents or doctors until I tried to walk. As a child I did not craw by I bum shuffled.

As I have grew older (25 years now), the weakness has become the normal for me and does not affect me walking or lifting cups (only empty ones). I've been told by family members as a baby I was dropped and landed on my head.

About 6 months ago I hit my head and 3 days later I was at work and had a tingling sensation in the right side of my face near my mouth. The muscle in my face became numb and I was unable to lift my right arm and move my right leg for nearly 10 minutes. Finally movement came back and I had a pins and needle feeling, including a very sweaty palm.

Now it's happening more often and last week I even had a muscle spasm in my arm and leg, my hand bent fully back and could not be moved, again this went within 10 miniutes of it happening.

I have recently had an MRI on my head and a 24 hour ECG on my heart, I am waiting for the results.

Does anyone else get these symptoms? Or know anything about what it could be?
sky_blue03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote