View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Big Pharma Wants Access to Distribution in Other Countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
After reading this article earlier this afternoon I was going to post about this in connection with the TPPA free trade deal where Big Pharma want's access to NZ's (and other countries) prescription medication distribution - (currently controlled centrally by govt. here) This would be one of the reasons why the drug corporations are pushing for the deal - to hike up prices! Didn't get time to post earlier then lo and behold it's a feature story on tv news here tonight with Hilary Clinton wading in saying she will stop such massive increases. Will be interesting to see if anything really changes as this guy is only one of many companies that have bought up rights to low priced older medications and ramped the prices sky high.
Hi Bluesfan, Thanks for letting us know what's going on with Big Pharma in NZ.
In the past, I have read the U.S. based pharmaceutical companies have made medications available for much less in other countries. Yet, this "less than is charged in the U.S." may be more than is charged in NZ at this time. (?)

Of course, the companies have something to gain by securing access to the prescription medication distribution in other countries. Hopefully, this would be an honorable business venture, in that it's taking place under "Fair Trade."

I believe you are right on, in that the companies being highlighted for these practices are likely not the only companies involved in hiking prices on old generic meds.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-31-2015), St George 2013 (10-30-2015)