View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 04:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
That is how I felt leaving the neurologist today. I went in certain the nerve biopsy - he corrected me as it is a "skin biopsy"- would be ordered and I would have more certainty on my condition.

When I brought it up, he told me of course I have large and small fiber damage. Right, my day to day life informs me of that, the EMG/NCS of the former, but what is the extent of the latter.

He uses the biopsy on patients who don't present any other clinical symptoms or via EMG/NCS. Since I do every other way to the moon he sees no point. As he said "Ho, ho,ho" and pushed my forehead with his boot, I unfortunately didn't stop my way down the slide until I was at the grocery store.

Over coffee I used the patient portal to kindly request the biopsy again as I want hard numbers as a marker in time. Not to be a downer, but I don't feel likely for improvement and even if I were, let's take a picture!

So we are doing it next appointment. I will not shoot my eye out and it is past Christmas so the Bumpuses dogs will not be getting our turkey.

A nerve/skin biopsy, my great award.

If you have not viewed A Christmas Story, I apologize for this post.

Jon
YEs go get it. its the gold standard right now for diagnosis.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (10-30-2015), St George 2013 (10-30-2015)