Thread: Butrans Patches
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Wishing you comfort, Moreta

Hi Moreta,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
We all react differently and it helps others to share our various experiences.

I was hoping to try this patch after learning of several people having success with them. My doctors will not consider these patches for me. I think this is very individualized, as I did not have good luck with drugs like methadone. I have tried many pain meds (and many different med approaches).

I chose MS Contin (extended release) because this helped my pain and did not make me feel high or otherwise altered. It's been over 14 years of MS Contin and dilaudid for breakthrough pain. (I also do not feel altered with low-dose oral diluadid. I do feel altered with dilaudid administered by an IV, however.)
MS Contin (and dilaudid) does not help me enough when having severe neuropathic pain. Clonidine has been helpful with neuropathic pain; however, the side-effects have been rather severe for me. (I am very sensitive to medications.)

Much may depend on the cause of the pain, the type of pain.
Narcotics, alone, are not very helpful with inflammatory pain.

I see many people doing well with cortisone and/or gel injections, for instance, when having severe joint pain.

I hope the solution is an easy one for you.
Thanks again for sharing.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-30-2015), St George 2013 (10-30-2015)