View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Debi

Days like today are hard. I know how you feel. I tried so hard not to think about "anniversaries" and "first times" without him there. It's hard not to do but you will notice it gets easier to deal with as time moves on.

Your kids sound wonderful. It's so nice to have family to lean on when you need support.

It was a real learning experience for me to realize just how much I depended on him for little stuff. Things you don't even think about or notice.....until you have to start doing them by yourself. Now.....I'm Miss Independent and rarely ask for help. Even though I need to at times I just don't want to be a bother to anyone.

I hope the shots give you some relief and you're up and around soon. You don't realize how much you do until you're told not to and have to ask someone else for help.
I think the 'firsts' like the shots today are going to be the hardest. Hopefully as I get through those I can move on to a more comfortable place in my heart and head.

The family just left and Luke sent me a text basically saying he knows he's not the most pleasant person at times but he wanted me to know how much he loves me. That is just priceless to me.

You probably already know this since your son was/or is in police work, that he meets some really bad people. It's hard for him to sometimes 'turn' that Narcotics Officer light off in his head at the end of the day.

And you are so right on not really understanding how many little things he did do for me/us.

I'm having a little teary spell so I'll close for now.

Take care everyone.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-31-2015), DejaVu (11-01-2015), eva5667faliure (11-08-2015), Hopeless (10-30-2015), Kitty (10-31-2015), Lara (10-30-2015)