View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 10:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Breathing Exercises - Please Share Your Favorites

Many of us mention using breathing exercises and/or mindful breathing to deal with (to often prevent or to dissipate) tension and/or anxiety. We might also clear our minds and "center" ourselves with breathing exercises.

I am hoping we will all share more about our favorite breathing exercises within this thread.

If you have a technique you'd like to share, please consider sharing in a post here.

I'd like to share the 4-7-8 Breath as explained and taught by Andrew Weil, M.D. on this video: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/VDR00112...nstration.html

I have found this an amazingly powerful breathing exercise.
I have also found this exercise lives up to the claims made by Dr. Weil. With practice, my blood pressure and heart rate have dropped. I can also quickly calm these vital signs while also shifting my mental state, if/when I so desire. I can easily find a place of peacefulness (and bliss) after using this technique daily as described in the video. I hope you will consider trying this exercise.

I'd like to try some of the techniques our NT friends find helpful.

I hope you will consider sharing your breathing exercises with the NT community.

Joyful Blessings,

DejaVu

"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-24-2020), lilyNYC (11-15-2015), PamelaJune (11-02-2015), pink kitty (02-28-2020), tnthomas (07-02-2021)