View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Lest you release the beast within

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
They got back to me and said yes, he can do it next appoinment. If that is not soon enough then call the office and he will do it sooner. Honestly, I can wait. I have done so much to alter my course I don't see 3 1/2 more month being a big deal.

I have now dealt with 4 neurologists on this journey. The first guy was early on. My symptoms were so mild then looking back I think, "I'll take that!". His practice was a larger group and he specialized in something else. He did a lower back mri, I tried amitriptyline under his care, but we agreed I should look for someone specializing in neuropathy if it got worse.

One of the others was so dismissive it was insulting to a level I am not sure I have other life experiences to compare.

The other referred me to my current one for my EMG/NCS. I ended up staying with my current guy. While I don't agree with everything, I agree he knows more in general and I know me better.

So yes, biopsy will happen despite us "knowing" SFN is an issue come early 2016 we will have some sort of hard numbers.

And I didn't shoot my eye out.

Jon
With density numbers you may at a latter date have a way to determine whether healing is happening using concrete comparisons. Tell him that if this doesn't happen that something will "snap" and curses will be like a blue flame from your mouth offending all the sailors that ever were and that blows will rain down upon his head to where he is sure he is experiencing the end of the world. Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (10-31-2015)