View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sleep Apnea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr2 View Post
You all described it perfectly. And I think b/c the skin is so thin down in the calf area and the nerves are literally laying on the bone, thats why it feels like achy/bony/flu feeling. And with the burning its definitely nerve.

Thanks, whatever type of neuropathy this is, is throwing my whole system out of whack, esp the autonomic system. I now have HORRIBLE sleep apnea as well, going for a consult this week. I just need answers so I can deal. Ive lived with it over 2 years, I just have to make it through the next month until emg/biopsy.

Thanks and Happy Halloween!!!
I've been on a CPAP machine for 15+ years. I asked my dr for a prescription for new mask and such and since he wasn't the one that originally dx'd me he looked through my records and saw that I had not had a sleep study done since the original.....I didn't know you are suppose to have a study done every 5 years.....or if I did know I forgot.

So I started whining and moaning about having to do the sleep study again and he was like, you can do them at home now, and I was like Whaaaat ? WOW so cool until he said that if the home kit showed too many problems I would have to go back into a study. Not cool since my original study wasn't great on the results. I'm on 15 lbs pressure and have to use a mask.

Just wanted to add my experience. Hope you get the home kit and it works to dx you on the spot !

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-31-2015), Susanne C. (10-31-2015)