View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My study was done 15+ years ago

And I just received a box via Fed Ex that has a home sleep study in it that my doctor ordered. I called for a prescription for a new mask and stuff and since he was not the one that originally dx'd me he went through my records. He said I should have a sleep test every 5 years. So that's why I have the home study to do.

He did warn me that if the results are too bad I will have to go in over night for the real deal.

My original test results: severely moderate....lol....asked the dr to explain that one and he said I was at the very top of moderate without going over into the severe. I woke up 100's of times an hour but thank goodness never had oxygen problems. I also stopped breathing during the night which is why my husband wanted me to go in the first place. He'd been asking me to go for 20 years but I didn't until he got in my face one day and said "You stop breathing....do you understand....you stop breathing!". So I got 'it' that time and went.

I honestly have never been able to tell if it helps me or not as far as restfulness goes. But I do know that every time I quit breathing it is damaging my organs so I do sleep with it every night. The only time I can't use it is if I have some type of infection like a sinus infection. If I can't breathe through my nose it's a no go.

Just wanted to add my story in case it helps anyone else who has any questions.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-31-2015), Mari (11-02-2015)