View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Heck I don't know :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Is the home kit self-administered?

I have read about having it done at home, but it said a technician comes out to your home and spends the night, instead of YOU going to the sleep study center.

Would a home kit be reserved only for those already ON a mask and used as a follow-up?

Or can it be used for an initial diagnosis?
I haven't opened the box yet but when I do I will let you know. It's self administered I do know that. I guess they will give me details on where to send the disc for whatever is in there to take the readings.

Not sure if they will let you use it the first time around or not. I was so happy that I didn't have to go in for a sleep study right away I didn't ask any questions....lol

But it the results are at a certain level I'll have to go in for a study. And with my luck dear Hope, and you know my luck, I'll have to go in for one. It wasn't a big deal just annoying mostly. They were very nice people that worked with me. I then had to go back in 2 weeks later for them to determine what pressure I needed to be on at home. Mine is 15 lbs of pressure and I think it goes to 20 but I'm not sure. If I take my mask off while it's blowing it's very powerful.... I can hold it at arms length and it will blow my hair everywhere !

After I got the machine for home and it was time for bed Bubba would say "come on Freddy let's go to bed" and I'd say "Freddy didn't wear a mask...Jason did"....just a funny memory of my sweet Bubba.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-31-2015), KnowNothingJon (10-31-2015), Susanne C. (10-31-2015)