View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 04:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I had the good fortune to have a Chiro that whose wife was rehab trained in massage. This helped me through a difficult time. I learned to do self-massage as I lay in bed watching TV. The pain from the "bones" was worse than any other and for a while I had to take Hydrocodone to fend off depression. If you can, try to find a rehab trained masseuse. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
This description of your pain describes mine to a tee - only mine also affects my hands and face. For me I've found that all the tests have revealed not a lot apart from confirmation that I have a connective tissue disease. I hope my doctors are right to assume it's benign but it certainly doesn't feel this way to me. I haven't found anything that helps yet and I have tried food eliminations, suppliments, cutting out sulphates in toothpaste because I also have this in the front of my mouth and nose now.

The doctors are implying that it's psychosomatic but I don't believe this for one minute. I'm being told to accept that I will have it for life and therfore have to learn to live with it. This seems to me to be a counsel of despair - if I knew I'd have to live with it at this degree of severity forever more then I'd take all my sleeping pills and have done. And yes mine feels as if it's in my bones too - foul thing it is!

Sorry I'm not able to offer you advice or give you something more positive but I think that it needs to be investigated and treated at source and I personally won't rest until mine is.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (11-01-2015)