View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 09:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The only symptom I continue to struggle with is my inability to connect with people. My emotional connection with people is completely lost, as is my ability to generate emotionally connected thoughts.

The best way I can explain this is my inability to maintain or make genuine eye contact with anyone, not just strangers, even my mom, my sister, my best friend. I feel intense pressure in my head and headaches if I try to think and use the normal thinking I would have used in the past to connect. In essence, when I sitting alone, I still cannot think and therefore make eye contact with myself in the mirror.

In the moments that I have felt clarity since my initial injury, this pressure and blockage in my head would completely disappear, while I would continue to feel fatigued. All my symptoms came about when I drank alcohol. I am 24, was still working when I last drank, which was Friday July 17, 2015.

The next week when I returned to work, I couldn't interact with colleagues I had become close friends with over the last 5 months.

My other cognitive skills like analytical thinking, visual processing are not hurt. I do think memory is poor because I am forgetting names a lot. But, that I am not as sure of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Wow, they have a two month waiting list but still charge a $500 non-refundable fee to get on the list. I bet they keep a lot of those $500 fees.

Personally, I'd would be very hesitant to do business with a company with a fee structure like that. I'm sure they fill every spot that becomes available when a client cancels so they do not lose any revenue.

What symptoms are you still struggling with ?

Have you sought help from a NeuroPsychologist ? They can assess your thinking skills. They are often covered by insurance so the financial risk is much less that Cog RX.

Did most of your symptoms start to manifest just as school finished ? Your timeline sounds like that may be the case.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote