View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hello and Welcome,

I am so sorry you had to come and join us. I know this is a frightening and stressful time but there is much reason to hope. CRPS bigwig Dr. Michael Stanton-Hicks of Cleveland Clinic says 80% of people improve over time. The odds are even better for children, I have read studies indicating 90%.

You have gotten much sound advice on getting your child well. I am so glad to read that you have found a knowledgeable PT. I would recommend adding as much fun as possible to the therapy. This is pretty easy to do in the pool! Getting creative with the process can keep it interesting for your daughter and her nerves. I have a nerve injury in my foot and used things in my therapy like brushing my foot with soft nylon brushes and walking barefoot in soft grass (gives dry/damp and cool/warm sensations depending on sun pattern.)

Keeping stress down for both of you is important. Our children always pick up on our distress which can come from many sources. Take care of yourself and let wellness be the priority for both of you. Any school issues will get worked out.

I always recommend Dr. Pradeep Chopra's two hour video "CRPS Diagnosis and Management". It is non-doomsday, has many treatments and tips and has a special section on pediatrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LKhOZ8mAM

Please come see us and let us know how things are going. I know your family is on all our hearts and in our prayers.

Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
buffym (11-02-2015), DejaVu (11-01-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-02-2015)