View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

This thread of is of interest to me, because I have been ill with gastritis since my endoscopy and colonoscopy.

How are you doing WIIX, better I hope?

My gastroenterologist advised me to take Align, which I am doing, because even though it only has one strain of "patented bacteria" the reviews for it are excellent. My plan is to use it for a few months and then replace it with a multi-strain probiotic.

I am chewing a DGL tablet before all food and not eating the foods on the avoid list, but I am only having marginal improvement.

In March I was in the ER after having a violent reaction to an antibiotic therapy for h pylori diagnosed from a blood test. I stopped after 3 days and continued with a holistic regimen for two months. I do not have h pylori now, but it is possible I never had it in the first place-I will never know, but all told it took me months to recover. And now I feel like I am back to being miserable.

I have read that Gaviscon coats the esophagus and forms a plug that prevents the stomach contents from back washing up the esophagus. This appeals to me since according to the endoscopy report mine is irritated, probably from allergies.

If it is allergies how do you find out? My doctor mentioned celiac at first, but it is not mentioned in his preliminary report.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015)