View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhall748 View Post
my feet look similar, but I thought I just had ugly feet! My RSD is in the left arm but has spread to my right arm, left leg, abdomen, and left booby! No fair! What do I do?
I am sorry to hear your CRPS/RSD is spreading this is a horrible condition. I hope I can help you. I have full body CRPS for over 15 yrs now & have it even throughout my organs (ovaries are just lovely to deal with during certain times of the month).
Here is what I have learned in dealing with my flareups: NEVER immobilize area no matter what (tricky when you break something) but this will only make the CRPS rear its ugly head 1000X stronger/longer, but elevating for max 15 minutes is helpful. No matter how painful keep using limb (ex when in my hand I pretend to play the piano, or in my feet rub not only the feet but toes as well.
Stimulation is key is keeping circulation going (I use a deep moist heating pad to penetrate muscle deep down) soak in warm Sea Salt water or mineral hot springs as often as possible, keeping the skin moist by using mineral oil or baby oil gel helps a lot; take evening primrose oil to help reduce inflammation, wear loose clothing nothing tight on skin (fleece has been a lifesaver for me) even type of shoes/slippers is huge, I cannot have ice/cold but if you can alternate between ice & heat;

Desensitizing skin is another key which I use a variety of methods: gently rubbing different types of material across effected area sometimes just using warm washcloth back & forth then drying it off works. Always keep in mind of what works but don't get too frustrated when that stops working because it might just be a timing thing. Usually it takes several different approaches & several days to work thru the flareups, but eventually it goes back to normal (well as normal as we are faced with).
I have many more but don't want to overwhelm you with it all & hopefully some of these will work for you right away. Please let me know if I can be of further help.
Gentle hugs
AlaskanLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-11-2015)