View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking I'm having a little reunion party ...

... though it goes without saying that everyone is invited!

It's been a while since I've been on the board or had contact with anyone - and I'm just sat here wondering how everyone is and what's new?

I'm at the end of surgery. They will not operate on my back again - ever. Basically, having to remove my last SCS due to septicaemia, I gathered a nice lump of scar tissue around my lumbar area and they wouldn't even attempt an epidural nerve block.

So, it's medication and me from now on.

I'm not going to hang my hopes on any new things that turn up because, aswell as the scar tissue, I had complications during surgery and with infections so I wouldn't be looked on as a case to even 'consider' - so let's not go there hey?

I just want to see how everyone is? If anyone remembers me?

I've been doing ok ... I've got a brace for my left foot due to foot drop (nerve damage from the first operation) and my right foot I hurt when I fell over the rabbit fence and just kept falling over on it time and time again ... so they have given me a nice solid ankle splint for this too.

Have a cervical collar for my neck as I have disk bulge from there causing problems but they wont operate due to risks re. prior surgery . (They wont operate on right ankle for same and because I woulddn't be able to do the intensive re hab after the op)

However, that's the boring stuff out of the way.

I'm still smiley .. and still trying out different drugs

Our two girls have moved out and together with their boyfriends now have homes of their homes which is fab.

I've lost that guilty feeling I had because I couldn't work, and have now made it my job just to try and be happy every night.

M and I are managing fine and we still love our holidays to Greece. My Mum is still living on her own and celebrates her 90th birthday on 12th December ... which I'm so, so proud of.

It's Autumn here and I'm just about to go down and snuggle on the sofa for a while before bed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

All my love x x x
Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-01-2015), PamelaJune (11-02-2015)