View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the concern. We are always okay where we are, everything just runs off down into these canyons. And I try not be going anywhere when we get torrential storms.

The situation with my sister (who is out of state) is really difficult and imminently dire. Flooding would be easier! She has severe mental illness and is going through a highly stressful time and just not functioning on any level. I am quite worried about her and was looking at airfare to go help her in person twice this past week. My husband and son really don't want me to go. They think it would be too hard on me and they are probably right.

So it has been a lot of calls and emails and faxing, with her and agencies trying to get her set up so basic needs are met. Like meds, food and shelter... This is really difficult when someone isn't functioning and has no follow through. Ugh, no wonder I am tired! She has burned a lot of people out so help is limited. I have maintained the most neutral relationship with her over the years and try to be loving and supportive but with good boundaries. Often a challenge.

It's just a terrible, tragic situation. I know I can't save her. But I have to do what I am able to that might help in hopes she will get stabilized and more likely to succeed.

The hardest thing for me is that it just so very, very sad to watch someone you love implode....

Thanks everyone for listening. Prayers for her would be deeply appreciated.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-01-2015), EnglishDave (11-01-2015), Hopeless (11-01-2015), megsmountain (11-08-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-02-2015), St George 2013 (11-02-2015), stillsmiling (11-15-2015)