View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 03:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
DejaVu,

Thank you so for your kind words. You have a real gift with those you know.

I am sorry to hear of your friend. It is heartbreaking isn't it? And there is only so much one can do. Even if you flew out could you ever find them? And if you did then what? It sounds like there are many, many similarities between your friend and my sister, though thankfully my sister isn't using. But she has been off her meds and would be homeless now if I had not intervened last week. Can't keep that up forever...

I know a time may come that I have to let go. Isn't that awful to consider? But I can't imperil my own health and even with a lot of help my sister may fail. Ultimately I feel my responsibility is to myself, my child and my spouse.
But for now I will do what I can and hope she can fly again on her own.

I appreciate your support and pray for you as well. I hope you are healing a little each day.
Littlepaw,

I am glad your sister is receptive to housing and glad you have been able to help her with housing.

My friend says she wants to be homeless.

It's tough to realize we may have to let go... and hope for the best.

I feel I have no way to help, in that my friend seems to be moving around and isn't interested in housing or a stable address at this time. It's difficult to get services for someone who does not want help/services. Our conversations seem pointless, as she has been delusional for quite some time. I cannot gain any cooperation from her, as far as securing any assistance for her. I suppose she feels a connection if she is calling, even if she is delusional. Yet, I have had to shut my phone off, as she kept calling in the middle of the night and was awakening people in the household. She has not been able to respond to boundary setting on calls in the middle of the night. Knowing the severity of her mental illness right now has made it very difficult to shut off my phone. Yet, we all need some sleep.

I, too, feel my biggest responsibility is to my household. I also need to be careful and be sure I am doing all I can in order to heal.

It's all very painful and nobody else can tell us if/when we need to let go.
It's a very individualized decision.

((((( Littlepaw )))))
((((( Littlepaw's Sister )))))

May you both feel surrounded by, uplifted by, Pure Love.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-01-2015), Littlepaw (11-02-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-02-2015), St George 2013 (11-02-2015)