View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi there...

...I promise I won`t keep this thread going much longer.There are some other important issues which really need to be at the top of this forum ...so all I wish to add,is another heartfelt thank you to the latest folk who have been kind to me with their thoughts.Bless you.

I have spent the day cleaning up as much as possible.The professional cleaners are coming in tomorrow to disinfect and make the place a bit safer.It absolutely reeks in my home.My fridge is full of contaminated water,as are my dishwasher,dryer and washing machine..not to mention my aga.All of my cupboards are well ruined,as are their contents.The untainted stuff has had to be boxed up and removed and my garden is strewn with all the materials we desperately used to stop the water from coming in.Yes...indeed...my home and garden are well sad looking at the minute.

Quite sinister really.This morning brought sunshine and a meandering gentle beck. Not the torrential river that sucked and whirled it`s contents around two days ago. There is truth in the old saying
"What a difference a day makes"
Well I feel well equipped to add "What a difference a minute makes" and at the risk of being dubbed as too deep and analytical.....I` `think I will hold on to that thought...making each minute count as best as I can.

But then again ...I am human..flawed and forgetful. And I guess there will be many many moments when I throw away those minutes..until something catches my attention and draws me back again.

And I am not being hard on myself when that happens.Because this is quite simply....Life.

My thoughts and prayers to you folk who are going through similar.
I feel I can genuinely say...I understand.

Stay safe.
Love
Steff
x