View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Thowell,

While some doctors refer to gabapentin as a mood stabilizer, it's certainly not an anti-depressant. I have felt very depressed on low doses of gabapentin.
It can be so sedating. I do not like the idea of a 12 year old using these anti-epileptic drugs unless they are very helpful. Yet, that's simply my own opinion.

Sometimes, doctors prescribe drugs in a certain class because the response, or lack of a response, may help them to reach the correct diagnosis.

I had almost touched upon your daughter's emotional state, as this has to be so very difficult for her.

Does gabapentin help her in any way? If so, which symptoms does it help with?
Is there another med which will help in the same way and maybe help more than gabapentin?

Any chance your daughter might see a therapist? Family counseling can be helpful, too. Socially, these are some important years for your daughter. I hope she does not have to "sit out" too much. I hope you can get some helpful answers soon. I know you are, and have been, trying very hard to get answers.

I definitely feel for you both.

DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-25-2016)