View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I had an appointment with a neuropsychiatrist today. The doc does not think this is depression, and referred me to Dr. Cantu's concussion program at Boston University. I will be looking to see if I can get treatment there.

I am a 100% certain this is not depression or anxiety. The excruciating headaches I experience when trying to unsuccessfully think are proof of that. Furthermore, the doctor also had an explanation for the feeling of fogginess I felt that sets in on the very few days that I do feel clear. I explained how speaking and thinking was exhausting on those days even though I felt capable of it, and he noted that it's because I need the blood to flow through the brain faster than it is capable of. I will have to listen to my brain and body and not over-exert on those days. But, since such a recovery day hasn't appeared since October 1st, I need to get looked at professionally.

I will keep people posted on updates here. Thanks again for your help so far everyone, and especially Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
What you are describing sounds like 'flat affect.' I think a Neuro Psych Assessment would be worthwhile. It will be able to differentiate cognitive symptoms from emotional/psychological symptoms. I still think you have a high likelihood of depression. You sound like me when I had my depressive episode 32 years ago. I felt like a zombie trying to connect with others.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote