View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello pogo
From the mayo clinic list of causes of NPH .... #1 obstruction #2 poor absorption #3 over production.
This is what I have found out
A clue that the problem is a blockage is if the lateral and third ventricles are full of fluid look for a blockage at the aqueduct.

Do not accept the idiopathic BS. I was quote idiopathic for 5 years. Mri with contrast and flow study not only showed the narrow aqueduct but a more rare condition called aqueductal web. Technically I'm partially obstructed but still communicating just not to the best ability lol kinda like a car that needs a hose replaced car runs just not great. The problem with NPH I don't get the headaches very often. what I have is just an overwhelming sensation of pressure that builds up all day and I get very sleepy. When my head hurts I go to sleep which is why they diagnosed me with hypersomnia. My gait changed but not in the way the books describe and there is no swelling of the optic nerve ( i was told mine is long and skinny) I do have sudden onset pigmentary glaucoma however, they say there is no connection ( one day I could see in any condition or print size the next everything is a blur) I keep looking things up. Like I constantly feel the need to crack my neck... Right where skull meets spine. Pain that runs along the shoulder blade (un relieved and it's not from sleeping wrong)
Anyway I didn't like the IDIOTS saying idiopathic which is a big word for I don't know.........if they had done further testing instead of the diamox and wait and see approach for 5 years I would have had a better quality of life instead of sleeping thru and being in a general fog not getting much of anything done.
Keep fighting for further testing there is different test to monitor the absorption rate if they suspect that. I agree with you shunt is not an option that sounds good to me. Too many post op revisions and problems for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
glass100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote