View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Hemiplegic Migraine

Hey guys. I've never used this site before so hopefully I'm doing this right. Tonight I randomly had the worst migraine of my life which I currently believe to be a Hemiplegic Migraine. Im a sophomore in college. This happened to me 3 times in middle school, none in high school, but it happened once about 3 months ago the day after I donated platelets. Basically it begins with my hand getting numb and eventually my whole arm. The numbness then shifts to my mouth (cheek , tongue, and gums), but only on one side of my mouth. That side of my face also becomes numb. After that, my speech becomes affected and I have trouble forming sentences and coming up with words. I also have minor problems with my vision (seeing spots/ zig zags). After all this happened tonight I had a 2 hour long migraine (which I sobbed through). My mom wants to take me to a neurologist but I'm wondering since this happens so infrequently if it would be worth going. It's very painful and scary but it rarely happens and I'm not sure what a doc would do. Thank you for any opinions/ suggestions. The only i have on this is things I read tonight on google. Side note: my dad has awful migraines somewhat frequently and has since he was very young-no numbness or any other side effects though. Thanks!
Kaysey McLain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-08-2015)