View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I've probably become less anxious generally as I've aged but I've figured out a lot of "work arounds" and always try to be one step ahead of it all. I had a head injury some years ago now and that really affected my anxiety greatly for a number of different reasons. Thankfully I finally seemed to push through all that although I always have problems in social situations. It's just the way I've always been.

Plus, life changes and I don't have the same pressures on me. There are still pressures, but they're different. People have anxiety for so many different reasons. It's a huge umbrella term really.

There are other medications aside from the benzos. My daughter was prescribed Propranolol at a very low dose at one time. She was only to use it on an as needed basis. For example, if she needed to present part of her assignments in front of her whole Uni class.

That was changed over to Lexapro earlier in the year when things were becoming overwhelming for her for various reasons. She also deals with a number of other conditions so like you, it's complex. It was difficult at first but she's doing extremely well now. Her social anxiety levels are much better too. She also has an amazing Psychologist who has helped her immensely.

Is the 1/2mg twice per day helping you? Do you think this increased anxiety is hormone related? That happens you know.

You sound as if you have an awful lot on your plate. All the very best to your for your surgery.
Well, I am already on 300mg of Topamax and 90 mg of Cymbalta. The Cymbalta seems to help with the Fibro pain and definitely helps the Topamax control my daily migraines. I used to take up to 100mg of Propranalol twice a day to try to control my migraines and it helped with my blood pressure but slowed my heart rate too much.

I had a complete hysterectomy in June (I was menopausal anyway) so it's not hormonal in that sense. I refuse to take more than 1/2mg. It is Klonopin and I refuse to allow them to have me addicted to a benzodiazipine. I was a certified pharmacy tech. I have seen what it can do and I just will not do it.

My surgery went well. Ophthalmologist is optimistic that I will only need reading glasses by the end of November and the primary optic apathy is just a light retinal disc...the nerves and muscles are fine according to her.

I honestly think my PTSD is most of the cause of my anxiety and with the Fibro I have sensitivity to noise anyway.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (11-02-2015), Snoopy (11-02-2015)