View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tried them all my ranking

Cymbalta - did not like the side effect which made me any angry person with a short fuse. I'm laid back easy going not that angry person.

Gabepetin - was up to 1,800 mg a day did not like the foggy side effect but helped with the pain. Was able to get down to 1,200 mg a day.

Lyrica - seemed liked it was working but I got tired of the insurance company dance so went back to Gralise.

Gralise - is timed release Gabepentin so you take it once a day before bed. You sleep through the side effects. I don't have the roller coaster of that its almost time for a pill feeling. It took me so long to get this approved I was hesitant to go through it all again for Lyrica, and possibly lose the approval for Gralise.

And I agree back pain sucks but I think nueropathy pain is worse. I had L3-4-5 fused 5 months ago.
My PN is considered Critical Illness Neuropathy. In October 2010 I left for a golf trip not feeling well, woke up in a hospital 21 days later. I was in an induced coma for treatment of Legioneers Disease. First day out of ICU I noticed the pain in my feet and as they say the rest is history.
MikeK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-09-2015), St George 2013 (11-02-2015)