View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

I agree with all the comments, I lost a husband to a shocking divorce over 40 yrs ago and I never thought I'd ever make it or live without that man. I've heard thru support groups etc that it is sometimes harder to get thru a hard divorce than when we lose a love thru death. Death is final, divorce "that" person continues on and you are left. Yes I was left by him and thought it was the end of the world. Not so.

Years ago in the 80's I embraced a philosophy Science of Mind and a lot of it's principles include attachments...that's to persons, places, things. I worked on that one and letting go of all attachments makes my life much easier.

I was with both parents at their end and was able to tell them, they could go. They were so ready and lived long lives but were very tired and ill.

Now to this day I still think of my little nephew who died in a horrible accident at age 5...he never had much of a life. That was over 25 yrs ago. Think of that little boy all the time.

A long time friend and I talk a lot now, she buried her husband of 63 yrs. It wasn't a marriage made in heaven but she hung in. She never thought she could ever make it if she divorced him but she could have, I know that one. She took care of him for close to 20 yrs with his failing health. Today she talks about how free she feels and has enough good memories. And no regrets about hanging in with him in spite of the many hard times.

Life goes on we keep going with or without that person. We all have our time here and we don't know when that time is up.

Acceptance, memories and take care of YOU. Life is a mystery and we just have to go with it.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015), RSD ME (12-08-2015)