View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile New Here

Hi Everyone, I spent last night reading all 55 pages of this thread and I have to admit I teared up after reading the inspirational stories on here. It was so awesome to see the improvement and those who are living awesome lives. I have quit drinking--10 days--but I have done it before --even 3 years, but always went back. After this I know that I know that I know that I never want to drink again.
I have pins and needles in my hands and feet. My doctor says it is from Potassium deficiency after doing bloodwork and gave me Potassium supplements. While the prickling has improved, I know that it is from alcoholic neuropathy.
I am really scared because I know that the symptoms can get much worse so I am going to get Mrs.D's nutrition program started today. We have a really good homeopath here who sells high quality vitamins that I used when I had gastritis.
I also have severe OCD (which is a lot of why I drank because it helped me feel normal) so my thinking is very catastrophic and I keep seeing myself bedridden and dying from liver disease (because in my mind if my nerves have deteriorated like this then my liver must be gone!--but thanks to you folks I have seen that this is not always the case). It is just hard being positive since I've always catastrophised things--like when I got gastritis I was convinced I had stomach cancer--you get the idea...SOOO coming on here and reading how it is not all gloom and doom and how much progress you all have made and that you don't let yourself spend all day in bed has been so inspirational. I have been staying in bed the past 4 days because when I get up and start moving around I feel the prickling and it makes me start having a panic attack. Thanks!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (11-02-2015), newstown (11-02-2015), PamelaJune (03-07-2016), Wide-O (11-02-2015)