View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Musician just having Ulnar Nerve Decompression Surgery

Hi to All,

I just had surgery and am a musician who has played piano since 4 and guitar since 12. I'm now 59. As you can guess, I'm pretty bummed at this time.
On September 30, I realized that my pinky was tingling and numb. I sat down to play the guitar, and was in total shock that I could not even form a "G" chord.
Up through August, I was gigging actively and and playing lots of jazz. Pretty demanding stuff. I also teach privately, and honestly didn't realize anything that was going on until no earlier than September 29th. I tell you this, as I've been told by the surgeon, who I do like, and has been very good.

I'm just trying to justify, in my mind, that this was slowly creeping up and came to a head on ~Sept. 29 or Sept. 30.
I just registered on the website today, as I'm coming to grips with reality. I'm just wondering if I should possibly seek another answer, although I may be denial.

I can see that I have some muscle wasting. I can certainly tell. If this was creeping up, it was a cart coming near a cliff and just rolled off.
My diagnosis is "Severe Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy."

Thanks for all the input. I need it!
Art Burke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-08-2015)