View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenclaw View Post
Thanks both. I feel so much and so little at te same time. I feel confused, because I'm not spending every second looking at him breathing or touching him or smell him. He is with me in this room, and thank god he is still mentally okay, and maybe it helps he is so much at peace. Even though communication isn't always possible anymore, there are some moments we still are able to share. Sometimes just looking at eachother is enough.

Now I'm typing this quietly crying. He's asleep. Why am I online? Why am I typing? Shouldn't I be holding him? I'm afraid I'm not doing the right thing and later feel guilty.

I'm so confused and I feel pain not even sure of this is grief or sadness it's just pain.

Ravenclaw

You're going to find that no matter what you do or don't do you're going to feel some guilt. It's just part of the process.

I would drive myself to distraction thinking of what I didn't do.....didn't say.....why I did this and not that......it can really do a number on your mental health. I joined a grief counseling group for a short while after he passed away and it really helped. I didn't feel so alone but hated the fact that there were others hurting just as I was.

You'll get lots of advice from others during this time. I know I did. You just have to do what works for you. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Having a place to come and write out your feelings where you know you won't be judged or criticized is invaluable.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015), Hopeless (11-02-2015), Lara (11-03-2015), Littlepaw (11-03-2015), RSD ME (12-08-2015), St George 2013 (11-03-2015), zkrp01 (11-04-2015)