View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Oh for heaven's sake, Thelma. I'm not "bringing" religion into anything and don't tell me what to do thankyou. I wasn't 'bringing" religion into anything.

The url you put in is not religious in content then you have me there.

I'm saying that Comings work is old hat and out of date and only lead to confusion and misinformation in the world of Tourette's Syndrome.

I was relating his theory of a relationshop with Parkinsons disease. I know very little about Tourettes as I know only one person who has it and that is in cyber space.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't waste my time studying Comings work about Tourette's Syndrome and then relating it to Parkinson's Disease. It would be a waste of people's precious time.

I guess you can say that as you are familiar with him I am just getting to know him and he is only one opinion out there and I value his opinion. as to putting credence to it I have not done that yet and I thank you for your posting your view of his woek.

I take it you have read "Tourette's Syndrome and Human Behaviour"? No I haven't Also known in TS circles as The Purple Pickle? I have it here. I read it about 10 years or more ago and it freaked the living daylight out of me because Comings, in his self published work, decided to lump every single deviant and violent and criminal behaviour known to humankind on something he called the GTS Gene. It is all out of date and unproven and there is no "GTS Gene" as Comings described. I nearly burned that book at one time, but I decided to keep it to remind me of how far we've come in the past 10 years.

Years and years of work have been done in the field of research since the Comings era when he frightened the living daylights out of every parent on the planet with his theories.

I'm just suggesting that it would be a real shame, Thelma, for people who can direct their studies in useful directions, to be focusing on any research that Comings has done regarding Tourette's Syndrome.

Not Tourettes but Parkinson's

Edited to add:
Am J Hum Genet. 1988 August; 43(2): 206–217.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=1715348
Tourette syndrome and neuropsychiatric disorders: is there a genetic relationship?
D L Pauls, D J Cohen, K K Kidd, and J F Leckman
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven CT.

4 pages.

P.P.S. Thelma, The part you quoted from the eugenics site "Scientific studies have shown that we, as a species, are currently evolving to become less intelligent, more violent, less healthy, and more mentally disturbed" is the whole point of what I'm saying.

All those things and more, were described by Comings in his papers as being part and parcel of his so- called "GTS Gene" and therefore part and parcel of behaviours in people who have Tourette's Syndrome. Of course, we all know that's not correct. Don't we?
No I didn't, but when viewed as a theory the foor is open to investigation is it not. thanks
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote