View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well, here we go. Hardware is coming out Monday, November 9, by an ortho surgeon who is well versed in CRPS. The conclusion is that the hardware is likely why he finds it painful to raise his foot during the gait cycle. In any case, it adds to pain and makes his foot stiff and drives him crazy. He has wanted it out for a long time. We're hoping and praying that he will have much less pain walking without all that in there.

I've been doing some research on what precautions can be taken to make sure surgery doesn't cause CRPS flare. One interesting idea was to make sure the iv bags are warmed, so the limb doesn't get too cold. That makes sense to me, because his foot always feels better when it's warm.

Any other ideas or suggestions or research you could point me to would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimtime View Post
I have a question and hope someone can point me to some studies on this. I couldn't find any in my own search.

With CRPS type 2 caused by nerve damage, does surgery still carry the same risks of making it worse as it does with CRPS type 1?

The hardware implants in his ankle may need to come out, but surgery is a big decision of course. Thanks all.
swimtime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-08-2015)