View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 10:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Swimtime!

So funny you are here, I just checked your page to see when you were on last because I was wondering how your son was doing.

This surgery may be just the thing. I so hope he gets great relief! I am sure having half a hardware store in that ankle doesn't feel good at all.

Current recommendations out of my Stanford trained surgeon are for 900 mg gabapentin given just before surgery to reduce the chance of chronic pain. The antibiotic minocycline dosed as regularly used is recommended post op for a week to reduce activation of glia which are implicated in CRPS.

500mg Vit C daily for 4-6 weeks after. Ask that they use a regional block so pain control lasts a while and ask for coverage of EVERY nerve that may have a little tendril in the area. Anesthesiologists have different ideas about what they think is adequate coverage. You can also ask about liposomal bupivicaine (time release local anesthetic they place right in the surgical field) .

I am sending loads of hugs! Prayers are coming your way. I will put the date on my calendar too!
:hug

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (11-03-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-03-2015), redraidermommy (11-03-2015), swimtime (11-03-2015)