View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hmm my survival bag looks like this:

Back of the wheelchair: Bag full of medications, cellphone, wallet, it is basically my purse. I never go out without my wife, she keeps an eye on the bag for me. Oh and my water bottle full of ice water.

Footware: I'm fiddling around with it, I bought some REALLY nice Nike shoes before my foot started hurting for working out, and my feet are like 'nope' to the max. But I have found my Uggs are pretty okay, except when my ankles and feet are swollen, then its mind over matter really. As for socks, the wife has big thick wool socks from being in the military, I was going around in just one sock, but now have upgraded to two. Also those fuzzy socks? Its like heaven.

Blankets: Just none, my feet remain uncovered even at night, as is I can only sleep on my front right now, and even that is painful. I can't sleep on my side or back because of positioning. Still working on it, as Im up for hours at night randomly.

Clothing: As its mostly in my feet/ankles (though I get random spikes up into my calves), I wear things that are nice and comfy and easy to put on. Usually yoga pants, a nice light shirt, with a hoodie. I don't even care how far up my wool socks are. Stare at my fashion faux pas!

Mobility: I have canes, crutches, and a wheelchair. Right now the only solution is my wheelchair. I don't use the foot support on it, because it juts out at an awkward angle and leaves me vulnerable for bonking into things. I have found I can lightly cross my ankles and my feet just dangle. When I get my wheelchair (this is a rental) I'm getting the foot support that don't jut out.

Other: Warm cat cuddles, just not on the feet, don't look at the feet, don't touch the feet. But having snuggles from kitties always cheers me up. My wife when we go out, she fends off the glares and rude people, also helps me up steep hills, we live on an island, an island that is made out of mountains....Hills suck. Video games/distractions, the more it distracts me the better. Tissues, eyes water from pain, tissues are godsend.

Haven't figured out the car, for a while putting my foot on the dash worked, but its now cold out and the sun has gone away, meaning no more comfort (feet are usually ice cold). The vibrations and bumps from the car make me want to scream. Any other type of warmth usually is horrible. Epsom salts SOMETIMES help, other times don't. Maybe its a mind over matter thing? Hope this helps someone =)
Lessa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (11-03-2015), DejaVu (11-09-2015)