View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lara wrote:
Quote:
P.P.S. Thelma, The part you quoted from the eugenics site "Scientific studies have shown that we, as a species, are currently evolving to become less intelligent, more violent, less healthy, and more mentally disturbed" is the whole point of what I'm saying.

All those things and more, were described by Comings in his papers as being part and parcel of his so- called "GTS Gene" and therefore part and parcel of behaviours in people who have Tourette's Syndrome. Of course, we all know that's not correct. Don't we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelma View Post
No I didn't, but when viewed as a theory the foor is open to investigation is it not. thanks
I'm confused by the way you've quoted but just wanted to say I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't know that being "less intelligent, more violent, less healthy, and more mentally disturbed" was not related to Tourette's Syndrome. That's how it reads to me.

Thelma, Tourette's Syndrome is a condition which involves movement in the body including motor tics and phonic tics. Phonic tics can include things like sniffing, coughing, throat clearing.

No, I don't believe the door is open to investigation that Tourette's Syndrome involves depravity and criminal behaviour and if you think it does, then I'm sorry, but that theory is not open for investigation. Those theories were disproved and I'm sorry Thelma and everyone else, but I'll argue this misinformation until I am but ashes in the sea. Because that is what it is, it is misinformation.

I'm stunned that you would suggest in the year 2007 that we should re-visit such outdated and abysmal theories. It does enormous disservice to the men and women and children and their families in this world who have been having to battle with ridicule and harrassment and worse because they have a Tic Disorder.

Diagnostic criteria for 307.23 Tourette's Disorder

A. Both multiple motor and one or more vocal tics have been present at some time during the illness, although not necessarily concurrently. (A tic is a sudden, rapid, recurrent, nonrhythmic, stereotyped motor movement or vocalization.)

B. The tics occur many times a day (usually in bouts) nearly every day or intermittently throughout a period of more than 1 year, and during this period there was never a tic-free period of more than 3 consecutive months.

C. The onset is before age 18 years.

D. The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., stimulants) or a general medical condition (e.g., Huntington's disease or postviral encephalitis).
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote