View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
There is a lot of information on the internet about the pain dimension involved with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Yet, the information about how CRPS robs patients of their normal cognitive and emotional function seems to be more fragmented. So, I pose this thread. In what areas of cognitive and emotional function are you aware of deficit due to the disease CRPS / RSD. I'll let others of you start the discussion.

-Spike-
Hi Spike,
I always wonder the same thing.
My neurologist told me to expect problems with my emotional state and my RSD attorney also said it. And I have found it to be true. But there doesn't seem to be much on the subject.
I used to be calm under stressful circumstances but not anymore. After CRPS I easily flew off the handle at the littlest of things picking fights over dumb stuff with relatives. But I'm getting better at managing it.
Triggers still play havoc on me and thankfully I have an understanding wife. Some others not so much. It's hard to be in control and pain at the same time.
Like most circumstances in life, acceptance is a big part of the battle.
Be well...
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-06-2015), DejaVu (11-08-2015), megsmountain (11-07-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-03-2015)