View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 10:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi there

Not sure if I sent the quick message right, I'm brand new here. If you get both messages and could reply to this one that way I will get notified. Sorry!!

Anyway, if you do get a chance I would love to hear how you are doing with your scs. I also have nerve damage in my legs causing burning pain and would love to ask you a few questions.

All the best,

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Oh Mary!
You have inspired many, let me be the first to say!
I too have horses and am so grateful to have met you as you were getting this life-changing experience. I prayed and prayed that the pump would be a success, so you can ride again.
Thank you for sharing your experience!!

I have done the trial SCS and will be getting the permanent put in on Feb 24th. I knew as soon as they turned the unit on while in the O.R. that it was gonna work for me. I have nerve damage to both legs and the 'tingling' covered over the burning pain I've been dealing with for upwards of 5 yrs.

I asked the Doc about the pain pump and he flat-out refuses to do them. Why? Because of the 'commitment' ! He actually said and I quote "Nope, because then you'd have to marry me" ! What a guy.
He's pretty arrogant. If it weren't for the fact that he's so good at what he does, then I'd definately be looking elsewhere.
I'm up against the wall with this, so I will submit to it and pray for the best.

I'm anxious to hear of other's testimonies, good or bad. I feel very strongly that people need to hear both sides of these. It's a very invasive and expensive procedure and alot of these docs (mine) seem to think they are a dime-a-dozen. It is a hard decision to make, but Like Mary says, we just want our lives back. !
That isn't too much to ask now IS it!

Rae
joeyphoenix21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote