View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Confused about payment details

I was just recently awarded SSDI after three and a half years appealing, seeing judges, and finally getting a psych evaluation.

I just checked my SSA.gov account and saw that payments have been made - I've screenshotted the bit that confuses me but I don't have a high enough post count to share it! I'll have to go around the forum and introduce myself and post a bit.

I have two one-time payments of $710 and $2130 showing up as paid on 11/2. My first SSDI payment says 11/3 (probably will post tomorrow, 11/4) I'm owed 44 months of backpay, so I thought my lump sum would be higher than either of those two payments.

I was interviewed by a woman for SSI, which I didn't think I qualified for because my husband makes too much money, but she told me I could possibly receive some SSI money from the date of disability to the day I got married. Can anyone shed some light on this? The two listed for 11/2 may be sent in the form of checks I believe, but the other should be direct deposit.

My award letter said they were withholding $6000 from my lump sum, so that lead me to believe I was actually going to be paid for the whole 44 months (so that $6000 would be exactly the 25% or so I owe my lawyer if I were to get paid for all 44 months).

Basically I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what these two one-time payments represent, and can shed some light on the backpay process. I'm anxious to get the direct deposit money because I need to pay bills, but I could really use the backpay to pay off some of my debt. Plus holiday shopping is coming up and I finally can buy my husband a Christmas present (I haven't for the past 5 years ). But bills are most important and I have a ton! So this makes me really anxious.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I'm just letting my anxiety get the best of me over this. I appreciate any assistance I can get. Thanks in advance.
eatingt00thpaste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote