View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi vintagewine,

I am so sorry to read this. When our whole Nervous System goes into overdrive and the slightest touch burns, there is no comfort and relief is very difficult to achieve. The best we can hope for from meds is that things get dialed down for a short time.

I do think your Dr is being very conservative in the rate s/he is upping your dose of Ketamine. I take 30-60mg 4 times a day and can modify the dose as needed. I usually take 60mg at night to give more pain relief for additional sleep.

Above and beyond Ketamine, and responsible for 50% of my pain management are the Lidocaine Infusions I have every 4 weeks. Without these I would not be able to function at all, with them, for 2-3 weeks after, the Ketamine, Tramadol and side effects from Topiramate keep me off the ledge. Even with all this the pain is never below 4-5, burning and needle stabbing - yes, like bee stings.

I suppose, over the years, when you have a cocktail of treatments that helps somewhat, you then become more tolerant of the pains, hardened against it. This year I have lost the ability to Meditate due to my neck and arm and that loss has reduced my tolerance. I am waiting to find that balance again.

Hang in there. Keep pushing for new treatments. Search for that elusive mix, just never give up.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-07-2015), Littlepaw (11-03-2015), PamelaJune (11-04-2015), vintagewine (11-04-2015)