View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Our new insurance for next year has that program also. I thought we were both going to ave to use our $50/quarter to buy diapers for DH but we found out today that he has clostridium defficille. He will start on antibiotics tomorrow and from what I see on the internet it should work pretty quick. So maybe we won't have to buy diapers after all and we can spend that money on vitamins etc.
I'm so sorry your DH has C. Diff. I had a mild case after my surgery and was on antibiotics for a while. Then, about 10 days after stopping the antibiotics, I got it again but it was severe. I was readmitted to the hospital for a week. While in the hospital, a team of infectious disease doctors came to see me. They told me to start taking probiotics in the form of kefir or buttermilk or yogurt. I did some reading online about it and a few studies. I started with yogurt with every meal in the hospital, if I could eat as I had no appetite at all. Again, read up on it and see if you can find some probiotic your husband will like.

I will say some prayers for him as it is pretty miserable and in some cases difficult to treat.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-04-2015), barb02 (11-05-2015), Debbie D (11-04-2015), doydie (11-05-2015)