Thread: Sinus Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 05:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I found out the cause of my sinus infections. A subset of one of my immune factors, one very specific to protecting my body from the bacteria that causes sinus infections is deficient. I seem to have a mild case of something called CVID. There is very intense treatment for it that I will have to consider if it worsens. For now, taking an occasional tablet of oil of oregano and eating well is working out shockingly well. I'm watching it carefully. It seems to be improving. Even one of my blood tests showed improvement, although the doctor said it was statistically irrelevant. Lots of positive signs and I'm hopeful. Infection free, no antibiotics and positive signs for ten months taking minuscule amounts of Oil of Oregano. The stuff has been a blessing for me. I am thrilled.

I only use the Oil of Oregano for prevention and I am fortunate that I only need a very small amount. I don't wish to mislead anyone. If I actually had an infection, like I did in the past, I would try to find out what is causing them and take an antibiotic. I also am a big believer in eating well, which very generally means avoiding sugar and junk food and eating lots of vegetables both cooked and raw. When I was getting the infections, I would need to take Augmentin . And had I known about Oil of Oregano back then, I would take it with my antibiotic should the infection linger.

Thank goodness, knock on wood, just taking an occasional tablet of Oil of Oregano at any sign of trouble and eating well has stopped my infections completely. I'm very grateful!!!

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 11-04-2015 at 05:57 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote