View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Mae View Post
How long have you been on carb/levo and is your new med still helping. Newly diagnosed and trying to find level to control tremors. What is Pramipexole? Thank you Ellis Mae
Been on LevoCarb since 05 or 06 and the others since July of 2014 or thereabouts. It appears that I am one of the lucky ones that tolerates some of the side effects of the the other meds. The tremors, at this point, are almost non existent.. On the rare occasion (while I'm sleeping) the tremors will wakes me up but this is controlled with a sleeping pill or a sedative (Ativan).. This sounds stupid but I have no idea what the Pramipexole does, but the combo seems to work well for me.

A year and a half ago, my symptoms were so severe ( a week of non stop violent tremors along with no sleep and immobility) that I attempted to end it all and failed. This prompted my medical care givers to try some med combinations that had worked with some other patients and IT WORKED FOR ME.

As a recently diagnosed PD patient, read all you can and somehere in this forum there may be a combination of meds that give you some relief and for sure, there is a lot of unseen supporters for you to lean on when the going gets tough, and maybe, just maybe, the cure is going to be found.

We all hope for success with your treatment and you find something to let you live a close to normal life like I have..

HarryM.