Thread: Sinus Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Vowel Lady,

Thank you for sharing that information with us. Your immunodeficiency condition, however slight it may be, makes you susceptible to infections. So perhaps it would be very beneficial for you to take a basic daily regimen of a medicinal like oil of oregano? It might even help to alternate between a few different herbs to obtain the most benefit for the long term. I am glad that you find it so helpful and that it has worked wonders for you so far!

Even though we are all pre disposed to certain DNA factors, I am of the thinking that it is always easier to "prevent" than it is to "treat"

I agree that eating nutritiously every day is really important and it does have a positive impact on our health. My family is very much into organic gardening and we are fortunate to have established a garden that we can rotate different crops in throughout certain times of the year. I also buy pasture raised chicken, eggs and occasional beef from local organic farmers. I think the organic industry is growing in leaps and bounds .... and for that I am grateful

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
I found out the cause of my sinus infections. A subset of one of my immune factors, one very specific to protecting my body from the bacteria that causes sinus infections is deficient. I seem to have a mild case of something called CVID. There is very intense treatment for it that I will have to consider if it worsens. For now, taking an occasional tablet of oil of oregano and eating well is working out shockingly well. I'm watching it carefully. It seems to be improving. Even one of my blood tests showed improvement, although the doctor said it was statistically irrelevant. Lots of positive signs and I'm hopeful. Infection free, no antibiotics and positive signs for ten months taking minuscule amounts of Oil of Oregano. The stuff has been a blessing for me. I am thrilled.

I only use the Oil of Oregano for prevention and I am fortunate that I only need a very small amount. I don't wish to mislead anyone. If I actually had an infection, like I did in the past, I would try to find out what is causing them and take an antibiotic. I also am a big believer in eating well, which very generally means avoiding sugar and junk food and eating lots of vegetables both cooked and raw. When I was getting the infections, I would need to take Augmentin . And had I known about Oil of Oregano back then, I would take it with my antibiotic should the infection linger.

Thank goodness, knock on wood, just taking an occasional tablet of Oil of Oregano at any sign of trouble and eating well has stopped my infections completely. I'm very grateful!!!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote