Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Seth,
I understand the internal conflict and the guilt about our actions that we feel may have prolonged this battle. I still haven't figured this out for myself, or found acceptance. Not meant to confuse, but purely provide some positivity with the following link.

http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2013/03/001.html

Apparently, they found graded exercise to be beneficial. The Dali thing? Totally relate to that at the end of a long 12 hour shift, it literally happens every day at work. It seems there needs to be a happy medium place between a little exercise/activity and too much. If it helps at all, all of the doctors I have seen about the PCS and symptoms all say the same thing, 30 minutes max of exercise but daily if possible to encourage blood flow to the bruised parts of our brains.

I hope you find peace on this subject, even a pinch is a milestone when it comes to dealing with this. You aren't alone, I personally appreciate posts you've responded to of mine. It seems that when we aren't strong, at least someone else on here can be strong for us at that moment in time.

I recall you mentioning something about your vision. Random - but have your pupils been more dilated than usual? A fellow nurse pointed out to me that mine have been incredibly dilated, I've noticed this too since the accident. We were trying to figure it out. Going to the eye doc tomorrow, but perhaps this is what's causing the photophobia/part of the visual disturbances for you?

Wishing you well.
lilyNYC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote