View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi everyone! It's been crazy around here so I haven't been on much. My mom came to visit last week and she was supposed to stay at my sister's because my niece had a tummy bug. So I drove to the airprt here for the first time, and brought her to my place. She was here until the heavy rain hit us on Fridayand I had the flooding issue so I took her over to my sister's as my niece was better. Well on Sunday morning my brother in law got sick. So she came back to my place. My sister then got sick on Sunday evening. We are still both okay, but figure if we are going to get it it will be soon.

They finally showed up on Tuesday to fix my window after I complained on the apartment's facebook page. About 20 apartments had similar problems. Luckily the water did not get into the carpeting, but I am sure there is mold under the floorboards in the bathroom. I plan on looking for a new place. I am hoping to buy a small house. If I give them 60 daays notice here, I have to pay one extra month's rent plus another fee that is almost
as much as my rent.

My mom is supposed to fly back to Ohio on Saturday if all goes well. 60% of the flights out of Austin have been cancelled or delayed for hours since last Friday as the air traffic controller building flodded and equipment was destroyed. supposedly things are supposed to be better by the end of the week. They have moved controllers to San Antionio to operate the airport here and both runways are now open. Praying she doesn't get sick. I have a feeling this will be her last trip to Texas. She almost didn't come this time. She obviously hasn't gotten to spend much time with my sister or niece and as we all know, flying just't isn't a lot of fun these days.

We are now under another flood watch until Saturday morning, but it doesn't look like we will get as much rain.

So that's the news from Texas. I am not loving El Nina!
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-05-2015), Darlene (11-06-2015), tkrik (11-09-2015)