View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 08:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to this forum...

Hi, everyone!!

I'm Cherise. A little background first. I have schizoaffective disorder. I was put on Zyprexa in the latter part of 1999. In the 18 months I was on the dreadful medication, I gained, 160 lbs.!! My normal weight, (before the Zyprexa) is 115 lbs. I have since, lost 70 lbs., only to gain back about 40 lbs. since, my last hospitilization, in January/February, of this year. They had to adjust my dosage. Of course that means now I take more. And, with that adjustment, came back the 40 lbs.

I just got myself a membership to the YMCA, and, have started working out about 2 hours per day. I walk briskly on the treadmill for 30-60 mins. and, then, swim laps for about an hour a night. The exercise, has really improved how I feel overall. Better moods throughout the day, more energy, better sleeping patterns, etc. Really glad, I got the membership.

I'm trying to get my doc to add an antidepressant that has a common side effect of weight loss. I really do need the antidepressant, and, weightloss would be a welcome side effect. Not really sure, if I'm gonna do that though. The exercising alone, is improving my moods exceptionally!! Have to wait, and, see how things go for awhile. Anyway, enough rambling from me!!

Peace, and, Love,
Cgirl